9.23.2009

Well I'll Be Damned

Leave it to me (and God) to have my best midterm grades of med school during FOURTH term-which most students here will unanimously agree is the hardest term of the Basic Sciences at SGU.

DAMN does it feel good. I walked out of the exams feeling better about them than most other exams I've taken at this school. But as is my curse, I doubted myself. And I fretted. And worried even though I knew the second I handed my Scantron on there was nothing left that I could do.

Path grades came out on Friday evening but as is my tradition of "I don't want to ruin my post-midterms weekend by checking grades" I didn't check until Sunday night when I realized it was kind of silly to keep waiting. So that went well. Micro grades were supposed to come out Tuesday but the system was down so we didn't actually see them until I made Shruts check Angel for the billionth time right before we left for lab today. There were 137 As and 18 Fs. Talk about a total 180 on exam stats as compared to last term. They must've seriously revamped the exam.

Anyway, I'm HAPPY! And get this- I feel GOOD about myself! When was the last time med school made me feel good about myself?!? But this is a great start to 4th term. Now I just have to use this as momentum to push myself to get through the next 2.5 months and maintain my grades. Next round of exams begin October 26th!

:-D

1 comment:

Neuro Chick- Kid Doc said...

Congrats! I'm psyched for you, must be doing something right... :)