11.17.2009

100th Post of 2009!

Funny how I've written less in 11 months this year than I did in 4 months last year. To loosely paraphrase Tyler Durden, welcome to med school- this is your life and it is ending one minute at a time.

Twisted my foot yesterday on the way home from the Nutrition exam. Total inversion injury. It is nicely swollen and mildly edematous. Hurts like hell to walk on it, but a kind soul lent me an ACE bandage today and I finally caved and took pain-killers so I'm doing better. And thankfully one of the elevators in SD6 is still functional, because I definitely couldn't have handled 6 flights of stairs.

Path Lab- our tutor was going through our names so he could match them up with our faces and when he got to me, he of course went to my last name which is way easier to pronounce than my 9 letter/3 syllable first name. Then he asked me if I knew what my name meant. Uh, what? I know it means 'woman' in Spanish but other than that, I had no clue. Turns out I'm an acronym- Discharged Against Medical Advice. What a chuckle.

Internet has been kinda stupid recently- case in point, I'm currently standing in my kitchen typing this because I can't seem to catch a reliable network in my room. Lame. It happens sporadically but it's just wack since I shouldn't exactly be standing on my foot for extended periods of time. Ah well. That's how we roll.

2 comments:

R said...

What is it with the tutors that automatically jump to the last name? They don't just do it with hard names - they do it to me all the time in CS for no apparent reason: "Megan, Ashley, Chris, Mike, Lucy, Mylastname, Brian..." It makes me wonder if my name is a deadly insult in some other language or something. And woo - 100!

nme4u said...

ugh...I always end up missing the A by ONE question. Whats up with THAT? Congrats though!!!!