It's been exactly five months since my last post. Crazy. I used to write multiple posts in a day when I initially started this thing.
A lot's happened in the last 5 months. And to that end, a lot has NOT happened. For those playing the at-home version of this game, my MD is still proving to be useless to me. My diploma is gathering a dust in a corner of my closet. It's a weird position to be in. The e-mail address I use for my "professional endeavors" has my name followed by ,MD as a part of the signature line. I figured it would the appropriate thing to do...but half the time I find myself deleting the ",MD" part when e-mailing someone. Because I almost feel guilty to be using it- like I haven't earned the use of that suffix yet. It's silly sure, but it's also not. Like I said, weird place.
I picked up a new side gig (unpaid but hopefully a valuable experience) and I'm still at my old gig, though now at a new hospital- it's closer to home but parking is $16/day which is bloody insane. The doctors of course pay nothing.
Summer was pretty fun. First summer in 4 years that I was NOT studying for a Board exam so that automatically made it better. Went to Virginia to visit Michelle for her birthday and later down to Disney + Harry Potter World with Shruts. Proud owner of "Gryffindor Quidditch" keychain now! Also point of pride- rode The Hulk rollercoaster at Universal Studios. I've always been terrified of coasters and I've never gotten on one, let alone something as ridiculous as The Hulk. Shruts absolutely refused to let me wait outside for her and essentially marched me right up to the seats. I'm like twice her size but the girl is absolutely terrifying when she's going after something she wants. I screamed the entire way and kept my eyes closed but it actually ended up being loads of fun...which is why I suggested going on it again! Yep, rode it twice. I'm officially a badass. Sorta.
The summer was also full of weddings. D&B got married, a week later A&J got married, and R&G just got engaged and are getting married real soon too! I bought my first bridesmaid's dress yesterday. I went to David's Bridal all by myself, tried a bunch on, picked one out, and bought it! For reference, the last time I wore an actual dress was Senior Prom- 10 years ago, so yes, this was kind of a big deal for me. I am now currently in the "I have to watch every morsel of what I eat and work out like a crazy person so that this dress still fits me come wedding time" stage. Fortunately my Thanksgiving plans only involve me watching the parade and eating Boston Market's turkey dinner, and since we don't celebrate Christmas, I think I should be saved from holiday occasions in which there are gobs of delicious food waiting to be devoured.
Today I need to price snowblowers, carve a pumpkin, and finish an essay. Guess which item on that To-Do list drove me to blog? Hint- it's not the pumpkin.
Not sure who reads this anymore, but if you are, hope you're happy and well! Drop me a line, would be great to hear from you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment