12.15.2009

The Aftermath

Post 3:42 p.m. on Friday, I collapsed in a ball of relieved exhaustion. The term from hell was finally over. We had all the best intentions of going to Bananas that night to celebrate but you know what they said about 'best laid plans'...so no Bananas. Instead, we opted for lots of SATC episodes and lounging around and being completely slothful. Oh and some intermittent packing.

I took off for the airport at 3 am and ended up waiting on line for 3.5 hours to check in [handily beating my old record of 2.5 hours]. As it turns out the flight ended up being about 7 hours long as opposed to the normal 5 hours...we apparently needed to stop in Barbados to get fuel- don't ask me why- what the heck happened to Grenadian fuel? So that basically just exacerbated the already seemingly endless trip home. Of course once we got to JFK we found out that most of us who had checked 2 bags did not have the second bag arrive. Not surprised, though this is an improvement on last term when neither one of my bags arrived.

In any event, home has been great. My mom dragged me to the mall on Sunday but I was so tired and sore that I barely had an energy to even attempt to shop. I kind of shuffled my feet around in a haphazard manner until my mom finally gave up on me and let me go home to sleep. Thanks mom!

Other than that, I haven't done much. Most everyone still has finals this week so there's no one I can really bug. I did get a haircut today, thus ending the reign of the bushy mess that was an excuse for my head for the past 6 months. Took off about 4" so I'd say it's a pretty dramatic change...I feel like a new woman practically!

Part of me really thinks I should be using this time to begin reviewing Year 1 stuff but the other, funner part of me stays that I need to give myself a break. What to doooooooo. Sleep sounds good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Srav,

I am newbie starting Jan 2010. I just wanted to THANK YOU for writing these blogs. Very interesting and informative.

You have awesome writing skills + vocabulary.

And lastly, your help to us new students is immensely appreciated.

Best wishes for the upcoming semester.

Unknown said...

Wow!! I had no idea the airports were so ridiculous. What airline was it? Does it matter? haha

I have a new blog now too!

<3 Leigh

Unknown said...

oh the blog is leighbadee haha