One of the features inherent to the Digital Age is the password. Life has become nothing more than a series of passwords that grant you access to the larger world at hand. And by that I of course mean GMail, Facebook, Twitter, Xanga, Angel, etc.
However, if you are like me and are slightly paranoid- you change passwords frequently. And/or you have different passwords for different sites. So all of a sudden you end up with sixteen different passwords for 23 different sites and you can't remember if they're supposed to be case-sensitive or not and it's all just a huge mess.
Or maybe that's just me?
ANYway, the problem with having too many passwords is that you tend to forget the ones you use for sites you don't visit that often. GMail password? Got that down cold. Amazon.com? Not so much.
This tends to happen at especially inopportune times for me- like when I'm trying to get into ECFMG's "Interactive Web Application" so that I can fork over the $740 to register for the USMLE Step 1. Great. I'm already failing at this. I thought their "Forget Your Password?" link would work but it failed to reauthenticate so now I've got to use Skype to call their office tomorrow- which, ironically enough, is in Philadelphia of all places. Blargh.
3 comments:
Allow me to recommend KeePass (http://keepass.info/). You can even install it on a USB if you want. I got it after one of Penn's forgotten passwords required me to make a phone call to reset it...
$740? I mean, inflation is one thing, but $30 over 6 months? Somehow, I suspect we're getting ripped off here.
Yup that's really annoying! For my school username they make us change it, so I just keep switching where the capital letter in the word is...
But then I forget and it's a little (VERY/EXTREMELY) frustrating.
Post a Comment