11.06.2011

MS-IV

Sure doesn't feel a lot different, but it's a milestone all the same!

The end of Surgery was largely uneventful, sans the debacle that was taking the Shelf all the way in Brooklyn. I'm definitely very glad I won't have to deal with that hot mess again. The exam in and of itself was challenging, but that's to be expected right? My Surgery oral exam was quite possibly the best oral I've ever taken...and I'm not sure how that really happened. Just glad it did.

I spent my weekend catching up with old friends, drinking delicious Belgian hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows, hiking through trails in Jersey and asserting my sense of direction, and celebrating my little cousin's birthday with him! He just turned 2, and when I went to the toy store, I absolutely could not pass up the notion of buying him a medical kit! I mean, COME ON, I practically HAD to get him one! I still remember vividly when I got my very first Fisher Price medical kit and deciding at that point that I wanted to be a doctor. Funny how things stay the same eh?

Fourth year begins tomorrow. It's good to be at this point but I know this year will be anxiety and ulcer inducing in its own unique way. I'm glad that I'll be back at my home base and back with some awesome Residents and Attendings. I also love the fact that I get to wake up at 6 am tomorrow! Not too thrilled about having to plan outfits again though...I miss my scrubs already!

No comments: