5.25.2012

Schmaltzy

Managed to hack into my old college email inbox the other day and found a bunch of forgotten emails- some funny, some serious, some painful, but all wholly entertaining and a solid reminder of the fact that no matter how badly I may feel about myself right now, I have amazing friends who will always remind me otherwise-

7/27/05
If it weren't for you, I'd have no self-esteem. I love you man. And if I weren't tired out of my !@#$% mind, I would write something about the way you make me feel special and loved, and that the thing that I love most about you, which is... well, everything, actually. I would write about how you stand out to me from the crowd because of your compassion, your sensitivity, your thoughtfulness. I would say that in a world so full of cynics and saints, you are neither, living your life quietly watching the spectacle, occassionally picking a few people who you want to support. I would say that a true measure of character is to be considered your friend, because only the best people are.

Also, unrelated, I made the mistake of discovering that all of The Maccabeats' and Penn Masala's albums are available on Spotify. It's not like I even understand Yiddish or Hindi and yet I'm wholly obsessed with, of all things, a Jewish acapella group and an Indian acapella group. I guess there are no language barriers when it comes to appreciating men who can sing!

The Maccabeats- Cover of Miracles by Matisyahu

Penn Masala- Down/Desi Girl



Bonus: Payphones by Maroon 5 + Wiz Khalifa- I've listened to this an unhealthy amount of times since yesterday

2 comments:

Jay said...

Dude! Stop making my cry, dammit, I'll stop reading things from you! Now I'm going through my inbox, feeling old and tearing up. Is this what you wanted?!

S said...

No can do! My goal in life (besides that whole MD thing) is to spread sentimentality across the land. Besides, technically, you've only yourself to blame, given that the email I quoted above was from YOU! ;)