5.17.2009

Year 1- FIN.

Grades are in, the BSCE I has been taken, and your girl is OFFICIALLY an M-2.
Damn, it feels good. God is great.

My last day on the island involved taking the 3.5 hour, 200 question, BSCE after which point I got some free ice cream, grabbed lunch, and came back home to watch the Grey's season finale with the girls. And speaking of which- HOLY CRAP, that was some season finale! 007! Wow.

Lots of cleaning and packing, upstairs to surprise Pratik for his birthday who promptly saved my life when he told me to do Web Check-In for AJ. There were like five seats left when I went to go do it and as I found out this morning- if you were one of the people who didn't Web Check-In, you ended up on standby. Uber lame on AJ's part.

Went to dinner @ Stuart's with the girls...that was a fun night. I suppose everything is more fun when you don't have the gigantic gorilla that is Finals week on your back. We all agreed that Term 2 was the Term from hell in many ways, but there were plenty of amazing, "rolling on the floor laughing so hard you might pee yourself" moments to keep us sane. We all had our moments this term where we all wanted to kill each other but I think that in many ways it brought us closer togther. I really don't know what I would do without them.

Bananas was PACKED but I didn't stay too long because I had to finish packing and catch a cab to the airport. The AJ line was RIDICULOUS...took like 2.5 hours to check in. Long enough that I saw Shruts again at the airport when she showed up to check-in for her flight. That was amusing. Home in five hours, didn't get my luggage, but that's cool because it's just full of notes anyway. AJ is supposed to deliver it on Wednesday which is fine by me.

Anyway, I'm home now! Sitting on my uber fluffy, pillow-top, queen-sized bad. Feels SO good. Man. I'm stuffed on home cooking and tomorrow I'm going to see if I can convince my mom to let me get a bagel for breakfast. Jew bagels = the BEST! And where else to find them but on Long Island?

I'm exhausted but infinitely relieved to have this first year over with. I've changed in many ways- and that'll be saved for another post. But I made it.

3 comments:

R (from Brown Haired Freak) said...

Congrats on making it through! It only gets worse from here :)

Neuro Chick- Kid Doc said...

congrats M-2! (i'm just happy to be term 2 now.) enjoy your break.

Tony said...

ooooh srav.
i miss you and you're so CLOSE now

i'm going to sneak to new york to visit if it kills me.