6.29.2009

A Kettle of Fish

So, first day third term and not a whole lot to report.
The day started at 9 a.m. with the traditional reading of the syllabus and the stern admonishment to not slack off as many a 4.0 has been ruined by Term 3. On the other hand, some people also receive their first 'A' of medical school this term. That's what I'm gunning for. Not my first 'A' but definitely another one.

So two hours of Behavioral Science lecture on physician empathy and boundaries in the doctor-patient relationship, home for lunch, and then back to Charter to watch a movie called 'The Doctor.' Gosh, why can't med school be this interesting all the time? Admittedly the movie was pretty 'eh' but just the notion of 'wow I'm sitting here in my second year of med school watching a MOVIE for class' was kind of cool. Or maybe I'm just a dork...who knows?

The schedule looks fairly manageable thus far though I am definitely not a fan of 8 a.m. lectures. Or having to take Biostats. Does the Central Limit Theorem sound familiar to anyone? It's been two years since I had to sit through the hell that was Biometry and Data Analysis at Drexel. Luckily our afternoons are mainly free sans the occasional small group session. There also optional visits to the mental health hospital here in Grenada which I'm considering attending. I've never really considered psych as a potential field of interest but I should keep my options open. All in all this should prove to be a pretty solid term so long as I take it seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Central Limit Theorem and psych?

I know these things!