7.19.2009

A Drop In The Ocean

Hmm I've been majorly slacking on updating this thing though it seems rather counter-intuitive since it's third term. Though I reckon you can blame most of it on the fact that I was studying for midterms. The exam was on Friday and I definitely walked out of it sans palpitations and wanting to throw up- which is what I generally feel like after 99% of the exams I take at this school.

Regardless, post-exams weekend is always a good time so Friday was spent grocery shopping and watching the Disney movies because they are SO much better when you're 23. Who the heck knew what "shallow end of the gene pool" meant when they were 7? Not me, that's for sure. We went out to Fuzion in the evening and the music on the dance floor was awesome [they played Stacey's Mom!] but it was grossly hot to the point where I think all of us dehydrated without the help of copious amounts of alcohol.

Saturday morning we kidnapped Shals and took her to La Source for her birthday surprise. It's this resort that's right by the airport on Pink Gin Beach so we got day passes and got to use all of their facilities. That entailed kayaking, Hobie cat sailing, water-skiing, lounging around/in the pool/jacuzzi, playing ping-pong and indulging in all the food/drink we wanted. I wish water skiing had been more successful on our end- none of us actually managed to get up on the skis-but it was still a fantastic day. I went back to kayak a second time and it was so peaceful just being out there in the middle of the water which is the BLUEST you'll ever see. Once you learn to stop being disgruntled about being stuck on an island 2200 miles from home for med school you actually realize how AMAZINGLY gorgeous it is out here.

We all collapsed as soon as we got home but somehow decided that going to Bananas later in the night would be a stellar idea. So we rounded up the gang and headed off...was a pretty low-key night sans the Showtime Girls that were there. Wasn't really sure what was going on there but there was some sort of live filming of girls dressed up in Carnivale-type outfits...aka they basically had feathers and sequins strategically covering body parts...what can I say? TIG.

We got home at 4 and I slept til 11 but I'm still amazingly tired and quite sore from all the kayaking. It's a good kind of sore but it hurts all the same. Plus I managed to defy my genes and actually get burnt yesterday...I blame it on the kayaking again but my face is like radiating heat. Poor Shruts looks like a lobster so I probably shouldn't be complaining too much. But hey, perhaps she'll actually look Indian when the red turns to tan :-P

Tomorrow it's back to the grind but for now I'm going to wait for Wedding Crashers and the new Harry Potter flick to buffer so I can be lazy and lie around for the rest of the day.

No comments: