Not dead, just busy.
Six work days left of IM. Exciting! Though I daresay, I will miss the stability and comfort of the routine I've fallen into. But right now I'm more petrified about my oral exam and the final exam, especially given that the whole debate of will it be Shelf vs. school written remains unanswered. I hate policy changes that are implemented when I'm in the middle of things. Either start them at the beginning or wait until we're done. Anything else just messes up the good juju that I've got going on. Yes, I said juju. In other news, I'm working with an awesome new Intern this week who functions at the speed of light which means I've been coming home more exhausted than usual recently. In spite of that, I find that I'm actually not very disgruntled by it all. Aside from the fact that this what I plan on pursuing for the next 50 odd years of my life so I shouldn't be "minding" it, the work becomes so much more exciting when you have someone who is into teaching you about it. So that's great. Given how easy it is to lose motivation on a constant basis these days, it's refreshing to find someone who can spark a little bit of light back into you now and then!
No comments:
Post a Comment