What's next?
It's no secret that 8 a.m. Histo lab on Monday mornings suck. Last night I collapsed into bed around 3:30. I set my alarm for 6:45 because that would give me more than enough time to wake up, shower, eat breakfast and get to lab on time. Well my alarm definitely went off at 6:45 because I remember turning it off and lying back down because I decided to shower after class and sleep the extra 20 minutes instead.
Next thing I know, I hear Shruts going "Srav...Histo?" At which point I sit straight up and look at my phone. 8:08 a.m. Leap out of bed, toss Michelle's hoodie on, grab my book, keys, and bolt for Taylor Hall. To add insult to injury, it was pouring outside, but the adrenaline pumping through my veins was clouding my judgment so instead of turning back to get an umbrella, I instead sprinted towards Taylor. Why the rush, you ask? It's just lab right?
Yeah, it is just lab and generally we're just required to make somewhat of an effort to pay attention to the slides and take notes. However, attendance counts, and the sign-in sheets get collected 5 minutes after lab begins. Seeing as I had woken up at 8:08, I was already screwed. The entire way there, I kept going "please please pleaseeeeee let the sheet still be there."
So I burst in, wet, tired, and with adrenaline still pumping through me, find my group and plop down. And the attendance sheet is gone. I muttered "fuck" under my breath but I'm fairly certain it was audible to the people around me. At this point I considered leaving because it's not like I would've gotten credit for the lab anyway. But I made myself sit because the clinical tutors had already started the presentation and the tutor that we had today is one of my favorites because she explains stuff really thoroughly and makes us explain it back so we understand it better.
It wasn't a pleasant experience to say the least. Taylor is perpetually freezing- the AC is turned to Arctic chill because the sun streams in through the glass windows in the afternoon, thus turning the place into the sauna. Fourth termers complained about the heat during their afternoon labs and as a result, the AC got turned up. It's easier to put clothes on than to take them off is what we were told. So I tend to bundle up anytime I set foot in that place. But this morning, not only was I wet, I was also in shorts. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
But, wait! There's a happy ending. At 9 a.m. (Lab ends at 10), someone came around with attendance sheets. I assumed that they were the sheets for the next session that started at 10. But no! They were the sign-in sheets for my lab! They didn't get passed around until 9 a.m.! So my whole little oversleeping debacle turned out okay. THANK GOD.
Anyway, enough excitement for one day. I need to stop turning into deviant. ::sigh::
Tomorrow I have an all-day bet going on which I am bound and determined to win. But more about that later. :)
1 comment:
man i just felt the shittiness of college. man i dont miss running to a morning class late, without food and clean hair. haha. and you and i BOTH know that it's gonna happen to me in due time. ugh. not enough hours in the day man!
but too many keeping me from you!! awww.w..
Post a Comment