Occasionally I forget that there are folks reading this blog who want to get a feel for what life at SGU is like. And since I've been catering to my emotions in recent posts, I'm going to attempt to make this one a bit more SGU-centered. Which reminds me, SHOUTOUTS to Zeina, Jaspal, Simrun, and Aarti- thanks for reading!
So we've officially descended into the hell that is Finals Prep. Coming up is our last official week of classes. I believe we have about two Biochem lectures left and one Anatomy lecture. The rest of the time is going to be spent on review sessions. I appreciate the fact that the profs here hold legit review sessions for the entire class because it helps focus your studying a lot more. The sheer volume of the material we have to know for Finals is insane (and they're not even cumulative!) so any little hint helps.
Friday night, I was at Taylor from about 7-2 a.m. doing Anatomy. Yesterday, IEA [the medical honors Fraternity] organized a Mock Anatomy Wet Lab Practical for the first-termers. So we dragged our butts out of bed to go take that in the morning. It was quite helpful and I'm glad I didn't roll over and go back to sleep when my alarm went off at 9 a.m. I only got five wrong which is extraordinary to me since my mastery of Head & Neck can still be described as pitiful at best. Then I spent the rest of the day at Taylor (2-2 a.m.) working on Biochemistry which I still didn't finish! ::sigh:: Today was a lazy morning and an afternoon full of Histo- which I loathe with a deep-seated vengeance. Sadly, it's also my worst class which means I just need to put that much more effort into studying for it. At this rate, I should have a blast in Pathology which is basically Histo on crack. Did I mention that it's also a thirteen credit class? Ugh. But that's fourth term. I should worry about passing first term.
I just popped back home for dinner which is turning into a rather extended study break. We ordered in from Bananas because I'm sick of cooking. Now I'm just waiting on my oh-so wonderful Maharani [Shals, I'm looking at you] to get her butt back home so we can eat. I don't even remember the last time I had a burger. ::drool::
The weather here has been gorgeous lately. Sunny, blue skies, minimal humidity, and a nice breeze. Eat your heart out Philly and New York- where it's currently 47 F and 42 F respectively. It's a balmy 82 degrees down here. YES! This is when I finally get to enjoy the fact that I'm in the Caribbean for med school! :-D
Shals just came home! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! :-D
Lastly, look what I found on PostSecret today!

No comments:
Post a Comment