The end is in sight. Just barely. But you can see a tiny speck of it.
I've been on my feet since 7:22 this morning at which point I jolted awake and leaped out of bed because oversleeping for Histo lab two weeks in a row would've been kind of silly. I had set my alarm for 7 a.m. but clearly I don't pay attention to alarms anymore.
Histo lab was one big fat integrative review which was long, boring, narcolepsy-inducing, and uber-intimidating. Thankfully enough, Dr. P has a subtle way of telling us exactly which slides and topics he considers to be the most important. And by subtle I mean he says, "I consider this slide VERY VERY VERY important" or "KNOW this slide, I would absolutely give it to you on a practical." So that's helpful. now if there only weren't so many damn slides, I'd have a fighting chance.
After Histo I jetted up the hill to put in some time in Gross lab. I stared at pelvises and legs for the better part of two hours and was advised not to get "flummoxed" by the hot mess that is the perineum. "Flummox" is such a cool word. Who uses that anymore?! The Brits, that's who! Visiting professors are AWESOME sometimes.
Last Biochem lecture EVER today! As Shals said "I can't believe it's all coming to an end." Quite surreal to tell you the truth. Then it was two hours of Biochem review and I came back to my room and fell into bed for a much-needed nap. Now I'm up and ready to tackle Histo once more. On the agenda for today are the Male and Female Reproductive Systems. ::yawn:: I swear, sometimes, Biochem looks more appealing than Histo. And that's saying a lot.
An aside: it's kind of gorgeous today. I mean it's usually gorgeous but after you've been here for 4 months, you kind of get used to it. That sounds kind of pompous to say but it's true. ANYway, on Saturday night, we had a bit of an accident, and the end result was that my Brita filter cracked/broke. Which, if you know me at all, is a HUGE travesty because I'm a freaking fish when it comes to drinking water. [Shells, I know you can attest to this]. All the water fountains on campus have filtered water and I since I refuse to drink tap water, I popped out of the room to the fountain outside SD1 to refill my Nalgene bottles. And I actually stopped in my tracks because the scene was so picturesque. It was approaching sunset, the clouds looked like dollops of whipped cream, pink was starting to creep its way across the sky, and there was the faintest of breezes in the air. Quite pleasant. It made me smile.
Then I came back inside and checked my e-mail and realized that the Registrar had sent me next term's tuition bill. Five minutes later, it started raining outside.
::shrugs:: What can I say? T.I.G.
No comments:
Post a Comment