12.15.2008

A Dollar For Srav!

OH MY JEEBUS.
BEST FRIENDS EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER.
I can't quite get into it right now because Michelle [YES, SHE'S HERE ALREADY] and I are going to pass out but HOLY CRAP. BEST FRIENDS EVER.

EDIT- Two days later.

Sunday evening- I'm on the phone with Sumaya staring outside my window. The doorbell rings. My parents who are standing around doing nothing say "Srav, go get the door!" I'm flummoxed by this request since I'm having a phone conversation and they're both just hanging out in the vicinity of the door. But whatever, I go down the stairs, throw the door open, and...

SURPRISE!!!


There are about 8-10 steps that lead up to the front door of my house. And when I opened that door they were filled with FIFTEEN people grinning at me and yelling SURPRISE. No lie. I can't even begin to explain the rush of emotions that went through my head but I know that my mouth HUNG OPEN for god knows how long just staring at them. I was rendered completely, totally, and 100% speechless.

Turns out Andrea and Michelle had been master-minding this plan for the past month AND they had gotten my parents in on it too. So these crazy kids- some of whom have never been to my house before schemed and decided to drive up here all the way from Philly and Jersey, meet at the Dunkin Donuts near my house, and then completely ambush me. ME! Little ol' Srav! I was so floored, so happy, and SO touched by it all.

So we went out to dinner


and Regina made me one of her fabulous cakes [check out the Liberty Bell!]


And I could not stop staring at all these amazing people who came together for me. I'm still speechless when I think about it.

So how many ways can I possibly say it?

I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER!

Shoutouts to Andrea, Michelle, Regina, Leigh, Vanessa, Danielle, Kyle, Kevin, Tony, Patrick, Emily, Nikki, Lauren, Ashley, and Chris for the best most sweetest homecoming surprise. You MADE my vacation for sure. LOVE YOU!

No comments: