12.16.2008

We'll Always Have St. Dymphna's

So after the amazingness that was my Sunday night, I didn't think coming home could get any better. Michelle stayed over after everyone had left and we had dropped Dani off at home and true to ourselves, our slumber party was more "slumber" and less "party" and we conked out super quickly.

Monday morning we woke up and met the Sisterhood aka Dani, Riz, and Farah for NEW YORK PIZZA. Wow, that was about twelve different kinds of amazing. Then to Best Buy because thats' what we always do when we go to Gino's and we bid adieu to the girls who had class to go to and we set off for the Village.

You have to experience New York City at Christmas time to really know what I'm talking about but honestly there's something almost whimsical about it in the midst of all the traffic, pedestrians, crazy cab drivers, etc. And granted we were in the Village which isn't exactly decked out in lights for the holidays, but there's still something about it that makes me smile and think "YEAH. This is MY city."


So anyway, Shells and I wandered in and out of stores and down St. Mark's for awhile and it was probably the best thing ever just being able to talk and laugh and exchange looks worth a million words when someone said something random on the crowded 6 train. You can talk on the phone and e-mail and Skype all you want but nothing beats having the person right next to you. There's an inexplicable peace that I get out of our friendship...this feeling of knowing that no matter how bad I screw up, she'll still be there to stand by me. I'm so glad I got to enjoy that in its entirety once again. We walked down to the park and enjoyed some cloves and watched a group of gangly boys engage in some sort of fantasy role-playing game. On our way back to Astor Place we stopped at a pub and had a coupl'a pints and drew graffiti on the bathroom walls [they provided us with sidewalk chalk!]. And finally we went to Pomme Frites where I introduced her to the best Belgian fries ever invented.

Came back home to watch movies that we once again ended up falling asleep during. ::shrugs:: Some things never change I guess. We got bagels and samosas this morning and I made her watch Dostana with me which was a hoot! Anyway, I'm back to being my lonesome self as she left for home earlier this afternoon but I'll be in Philly on Monday where I'll be seeing some fabulous BETAS for our Christmas reunion. Next week is going to be totally packed- I think I might genuinely be seeing everyone and their mother! Should be good times :)

It's good to be back home.

1 comment:

Ann said...

pomme frites are the shizzle.

Welcome back!!!!