Monday was an excellent, albeit very long day. Woke up at 5 a.m. to hitch a ride into the city with the parental units. From there, I subwayed and trained it to Jersey where Rrrrrrrrrrregina picked me up. Then it was off to Philadelphia for one of the most hotly anticipated events of the December break- THE BETA REUNION. Just seeing the Philly skyline whilst driving over the Ben Franklin Bridge was enough to get me all nostalgic and junk. I forgot how much I missed that city until I saw it again. A bit counter-intuitive eh?
So we all feasted on amazing Thai food at Lemongrass, which as some of you may know, is located just a stone's throw away from my old apartment. More nostalgia for Srav. It was a FRIGID day to say the least so after Lemongrass we fled to Cosi's to get warm beverages, after which point we sat and caught up with each other. I love those kids. Not a single one of them has changed- except maybe Hibbat and Priya tend to get caught up in conversations about dental school and stone casts that leave the rest of us scratching our heads in confusion. :-P So that was that and keeping in line with the proverb that all good things must come to an end, we parted ways after a few hours. I miss being around people like them in class. We were all intense and driven and wanted the good grades but somehow we all still managed to stay calm and we kept each other calm. I wish I still had that.
After that Regina once again saved our souls from freezing over and drove Michelle and I to Supreme where we picked up pies in honor of Pie Hi Day. We bid our adieus to R and headed to Grauer's for a little bit where I met some very fluffy kittens. Afterwards we braved the elements and walked over to 438 to celebrate Pie Hi Day with Andrea who could, quite possibly, be the best hostess EVER. Twas a great night- very chill, very much what I miss the most about Philly- the ability to pop around the corner to a Brother's house and just hang out. Guest appearances were made by Joel, Emrick, Jo, and Wiley. Of course Deiter and Scanlon were there which just made for even better times. And I can't forget the kitten (all of a sudden everyone has cats, it's weird!), Nelly. She's a sweet little furball who curled up in a ball on top of my legs for a good part of the night.
The next morning, everyone in the house had to go to work which was quite saddening. It also made me feel like a bit of a slacker, but oh well. I'll be back at it soon enough. So Michelle and I hung out with the kitty for awhile, watched some HM [because yes, sometimes we're 10 year old girls] and Family Matters. Then it was off to Wawa where I got to once again enjoy my favorite hoagie EVER. Awesomeness. We both had buses and trains to catch so we both parted ways after that.
TODAY! I got to see Ann and Julia- who by my calculations- are currently my oldest friends, if you don't take into consideration the people I've known since I was a baby. So we hit up Applebee's as per tradition, and today was a big milestone day because we finally had drinks together. I can still remember being 14, 15, 16 and sitting at Applebee's talking about what we were gonna do after we turned 21. How young we once were! Now we're all on the verge of turning 23. Crazy. Our reunion was much too short for my liking but hopefully I'll get to see them again.
Best friends ever, as always. :)
1 comment:
was wonderful seeing you!! and yes i def agree with the fact with having people like you in class. driven but normal. miss that :(
Post a Comment