12.18.2008

Back on Turtle Island

'Turtle Island', apparently, is the English translation of an old Native American term for the North American continent. Go figure. More here.

I've been doing a whole lot of nothing since I got home...which is a double-edged sword. On the one hand it's nice because it's been a whole four months since I could safely say I had nothing to do. On the other hand, it is just a tad bit boring. Though I suppose I would take being home and being bored to being on the Rock and having to study until my eyes fall out.

Tomorrow, I've a doctor's appointment in the city and I have a few crafty projects up my sleeve that I need to get to work on. I'll likely spend the weekend shopping since apparently a huge Tanger Outlets just opened up near my house. Lets talk about how it is virtually impossible to find flip flops in December. Obviously this shouldn't be a surprise to me but it's annoying when you kind of NEED to find a pair of flip flops. I keep seeing all these sweaters and hoodies that I want to buy and every time I have to consciously pull myself back and go "no Srav, January is the DRY season in Grenada." ::sigh:: I need shorts and capris and t-shirts and I also just realized that I won't have to go shopping for winter clothes until the winter of 2011. That's kinda cool and sad and mind-numbingly scary all at once.

Anyway, I'm off to go rot my brain by watching more TV [I have the Hills and GG to catch up on] and wait for Shell's phone call. Ciao!

No comments: