2.11.2009

::Gulp::

I think this term just kicked into high gear.
Physio was going pretty swell up until now. I understood the material and while I by no means know it well enough to be tested on it, it made sense to me. If you asked me a question, I likely would've been able to look at my notes and explain it to you.

Then came my second white whale.

Cardiovascular Physiology. Probably the hardest and most grueling part of Phys ever, second only to pulmonary and renal phys. The prof whipped through 34 pages of notes in 1.5 lectures and it took me a good four hours to review it all and do the objectives. And today was an INTRODUCTORY lecture. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm scared. Determined, but still scared.

Mind you I still have Neuro to review [a disaster story for another post] and I have exactly 40 minutes in which to do it. I'm currently on a gym kick- though I'm hoping it becomes more of a routine and less of a kick- so I need to go home, change, and make it back to the gym by 11. I find that it's a really good way to end the day as counter-intuitive as that may seem. It's a good way to clear my head, plus I'm so exhausted when I get home that I just shower and fall right into bed. Plus my CPM class has put the fear of life into me all over again so I figure I can give up 30 minutes of my day to high-intensity cardiovascular exercise if it means I'll be a smidgen healthier. Avoiding Magnum Almond Ice Cream bars would probably be a good step too.

ACKKKKKKK 35 minutes. And now I'm gone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see nothing wrong with Ice Cream bars with the name Magnum in them.

Neuro Chick- Kid Doc said...

Where do you get Mangum Almond Ice Cream Bars around here? IGA? I have got to get me some!

Simrun said...

Unfortunately, or Fortunately (depending on your perspective), the convenient store has those Magnum Almond ice cream bars. Oh yeah baby, I've got eyes for you : ).....