Remember that whole part about me being overjoyed because I had the Internet at HOME?
Yeah, not so much. The connection for people out back seems to have gone wonky, but the front still works fine so I'm in Shruts' room mooching off of her wireless connection. She's doing something far smarter though- SLEEPING. I need to go do that soon since I overslept by a good 24 minutes this morning. 6 minutes of bathroom time versus my normal 30 minutes doesn't really cut it. I hate 8 am classes.
Yesterday, I had lunch with one of my favorite newbies on the island. We'll call her S for short. That was way cool! It's one thing to talk to people on Facebook and it's a whole other thing to sit and have a conversation with them over pizza. Fun times. I vote y'all should check out her blog because it's one of my new favorites. :)
Today was our first Neuro small group. I was shocked because the groups were actually small- only 4 of us in it! It's definitely going to be beneficial as Neuro is a way difficult topic and I think we can use all the individualized attention we can get. We spend half of lab going over Neuroanatomy and the other half working on a clinical case. I love that they make us start thinking like doctors from day one...We ended up diagnosing our patient with a herniated disc and L5 compression and I left class feeling super enthused about the prospect of being a practicing doctor which is a feeling I never expected Neuroscience to inspire. Weird.
So no real plans until Friday the 13th. Spending most of this weekend trying to master the Neuro we've learned thus far. We start Muscle Physiology tomorrow and there's an icy pang of fear that's enveloping my heart and brain as we speak. Z-lines and H-lines and just UGH.
100 something odd days til I touch down. It can't come soon enough. Sans a select few people, I never know who actually reads this [due to the paucity of comments], but regardless, I miss y'all. I was just thinking about how last year a couple of us a had a 'Down With Love' dinner party on Valentine's Day. I wish I was there with you guys to celebrate it again. <3
Slumber awaits.
Til yonder, my friends.
s.r.a.v.
2 comments:
oh man...i almost forgot about the love sucks party!!! that cake was banging, if i do say so myself ;)
You make me smile, & on a day when I really needed it no less.
Post a Comment