8.19.2009

Hell: The Beginning

There's just 25% of this file left that needs to be uploaded and then I can go to bed! Six beautiful hours of sleep. Exciting.

My life has officially been turned upside down with the start of Path. I feel like I'm back in first term with my 8-12 mornings and 1-5 afternoons. It kind of hurts, but once I get used to it, hopefully my body will stop begging for sleep at inopportune moments, i.e. middle of Micro lectures.

Path lab is intense. I sort of volunteered to be the coordinator for assigning and compiling slides this week and that was a masochistic idea seeing as we're still trying to figure out what works best for us...which leaves me with a whole of wonderfully done slides in six different formats. Actually that was more last night's issue, today went off pretty smoothly. I enjoy my Group, we have a good mix of people and so far everything's been kosher.

We had our first CPD [Clinical Patient Diagnosis] lab today where we all got fake patients and were asked to take a history. No preparation or anything. Plus when it was my turn, our tutor asked me to take a Sexual History which isn't even listed in our notes. Talk about hot flashes! But I somehow managed to cull some of my 3rd Term knowledge [seems like another lifetime] and pulled it off even though I went a little fast because of my nerves. After it was over the tutor went "You took a sexual history, like you've taken a sexual history before. Have you?" As Danielle put it, "that's either a compliment or a creepy way of hitting on you." I'm really hoping it's the former.

94%!

Anyway that's about it, life is overwhelming me right now. Stress is omnipresent. And it's only Week 2 of Term 4. This is theoretically the 'easy' part. Oh and we also have like zero food in the house which is why I'm simultaneously hungry and nauseated right now. Interesting paradigm. Must go buy out IGA on Friday.

Until then, send sustenance. Or a personal chef, whatever's easier. Love, hugs and prayers will suffice just fine as well. I miss you fools- you know who you are ;)

100% Donzo!

No comments: