5.14.2010

Last Song

Roughly five hours before we head off to the airport.

Clothes have been donated, bags are nearly packed, last meals have been eaten, pictures at the Point taken, Taylor visited to print out boarding passes, walls have been stripped bare, rice cooker, Goljan, and miscellaneous things given away, keys have been handed over to the subletters, one last bus ride taken [damn I didn't get a picture of the fold-out seats!].

Now all that's really left is to venture to Bananas for some Cajun fries and Caribs. Well maybe not the Carib, I never really got into them. And then one last walk home in the dark.

There isn't a ton I'll miss about Grenada, but there are a few things that stand out. The one-season weather, always being in shorts and flip-flops, the views, Otis Spunkemeyer cookies from IGA, visiting the girls at 1 in the morning to watch tv, sitting on my back stoop at night to look at the stars.

But what I'll miss the most is miss my girls and all our associated shenanigans. And certainly Shruts...who, when I first met, I never thought I'd get along with. A super crazy, Bollywood-obsessed, Indian, girly-girl to the max and a tomboy who watches maybe one Bollywood flick a year and is a self-avowed Coconut, makes for an odd combination... But for what it's worth, even though she's generally driven me crazy over the last 2 years, she's also ultimately, been the one to keep me sane.

It's been real Grenada, but it's time to go HOME.

[Even though it will take me 17 hours and 3 flights to get there- damn you Air Jamaica and your discontinued service between NY and GND!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a girly-girl to the MAX dawg!
1. Whoever says dawg can't be a complete girly-girl
2. I am a craaaaaaaaaaaaazyyy basketball fan! (btw my babies are winning!!!)