9.25.2008

McLetDown

So, owing largely to the fact that I'm in med school and that other people share some of my interests, specifically love of a certain TV show whose title is a play on a famous anatomical text, there was a good amount of people gathered around the TV at Glover's tonight to watch the season premiere of Grey's. So I did get to watch it in real time with the rest of you mainlanders. Exciting right?

Somewhat.

It was all a bit of a letdown to tell you the truth. I'm not going to give anything away, largely due to the fact that I know Michelle hasn't watched it yet and since she reads this I don't want to ruin it for her- or anyone else who might've missed it and reads this. But really, it was kinda bleh. Maybe it was just me. Who knows. Honestly, I was a bit more excited to see the commercials for Eyewitness News because they were talking about New York weather and such. Although I did appreciate the moment that Cristina and Meredith had at the end, and I also loved karma coming back to slap Cristina in the face earlier in the episode.

I think Andrea said it best: "I was expecting fireworks. And all I got were matches. That were soggy."

On an unrelated note, I just realized that I seem to have forgotten to eat dinner. Not really sure where my day went. We only had 2 hours of class too! But I've been working since I got home and then I breaked to print notes and watch Grey's and now I'm back and it just occurred to me that I'm starving. ::sigh::

Sometimes I think I'm in over my head.

And to end this post on a not so depressing note- here are two pictures. One of a really steep hill within the capital- St. George's, and another of the sunset from the top of the hill on campus.

5 comments:

Ann said...

aw, i didn't watch it yet either. i guess i'll catch up with it later..along with the office!

S said...

the office was supposed to be HYSTERICAL. my roommate would not stop laughing at it. actually, i'm not even sure it could be considered laughing. howling was more like it. watch it after grey's to cheer yourself up!!

Julia said...

shooot i made sure i left my study group in time to get home to watch the Office...=X =) it was goood. lol

and srav...your island look absolutely bootyful! just to let you know NYC has been rainy and gloomy for 3 days! 3 DAYS!

i hope that helps you miss home a little less

Michelle said...

DISCLAIMER: I TALK ABOUT DETAILS:


ok, just watched part one (did I know it was two parts?)- I gotta help the mom and watch another movie, but I'll give you my current review:
I didn't hate it. It was good. I hate Rose (NOT funny with the baby comment). I still dislike Meredith (JUST FUCKING MARRY HIM!). I still really admire Chang (she and Hawn will work it out). and I give total support to her and MAJOR HUNKKKK! lol. And I think I am all for Kaley's hypothermic therapy or whatever. And SWEETTTT ending, definitely.

Part II review to come later...

Michelle said...

FINally watched part II... here is what I remember, at least

FUCK YES christina got a hookup. He is SO her style. I am glad that meredith is gonna get together with derek, duh. and I can only roll my eyes at alex... izzy is such an awesome catch, why would he screw around with other girls when he could have her? and as for george, god knows I love him so much, but he can do better than lexi. I'm not sure what about her irks me, but I think she isn't awesome enough for him.
are hahn and kaley dating now?!?!?!