Prelude: Neha (or Eggie as she's fondly referred to), who lives across the hall, got a bit weary of waiting for me to update so she wrote a post herself...enjoy!
Soooo, since Srav is a lazy ass, and refuses to update her blog...I'm going to do it for her, especially since I'm an avid reader.
So, my intro...I'm Neha...Srav's best best bestest friend in the world. Or in Grenada. Or at SGU. Or maybe across the hall. My home base is currently in Dubai, but I'm Canadian and did my undergrad at McMaster University. I'm 23; single and ready to mingle...
I digress...right now someone is calling Srav on her phone and she won't pick up...I gave her a questioning look and she was like "I just like the music!" And how she's trying to balance her vibrating phone on the table. YEAHHHH. Boredom. This is what medical school students do at the beginning of our thanksgiving long weekend...
...anyways...I think Srav is an awesome chick...probably the most non-judgmental person ever! Plus she's really handy with the one liners when it comes to flirting with the man of my dreams :) Wish I could remember few of the lines she comes up with. Lets talk more about Grenada and less about Srav...I'm guessing that since you're still reading this, you probably love her anyway.
Srav is right now taking pictures of herself from my phone...she has puppy dog eyes in it btw...maybe I can convince her to put it up on her blog like she did on my phone wallpaper. This is turning into a 'what Srav did today' recording.
What do I think of SGU? This is what I told Srav: "SGU is one place that makes you think that even the dogs have a better life than you do." That's a student's perspective, lets face it, med school isn't exactly a cake-walk (like I thought it would be!). But I like SGU...people here are awesome...and no matter what Srav tells you all about 'changing' her into some crazy Indian...I still love her the way she is...and I wouldn't even TRY to change her for the world. We all lover her and she knows it!
Then again, there are some pretty crazy people here. Especially the locals. Walking down the beach enjoying myself like nobody's business...random people come up to you and go like "Hey beautiful, will you be my girlfriend tonight?"I stop dead in my tracks and slowly turn around. Did I seriously hear that? Were my ears deceiving me? Damn. What are you supposed to say to that? My mouth opens and a "nooooooo!" emerges; but seriously...who says that??? And has that ever gotten them lucky at all? Does it even work? Oh and today we found out that the local grocery market here called IGA never really has tomatoes, becauase apparently they save them all in the back exclusively for the locals! Can you imagine that!!! Infuriating! But that's my spiel about the locals. Some of them are really nice though. I guess there are always a few rotten peas in the pod.
So today is the first day of our thanksgiving weekend. It ends on Monday and we go back to the daily grind on Tuesday. And you know how you learn a new thing everyday? This is what I learned today: Neha is amazed by how people react when they realize they're almost losing out on something special...It's absolutely true! Try ignoring that person you like once in awhile...they'll come running back to you like no tomorrow.
And this is for my girl at the other end of the hall:
Shalini, if you're reading this...I hope you reached home safe...and I hope you have a blast!
1 comment:
Nice to meet ya! hehehehehehe.
Post a Comment