10.13.2008

Halfway There

Well, our weekend of vices and debauchery as medical students is drawing to an end. Or technically, it's already ended since it's now Monday morning. It was AMAZING to have those 2.5 days of pure relaxation and to enjoy ourselves without feeling guilty about not studying more. Heck, I've gone to the beach twice in two days! This is when everyone back home starts being jealous of the fact that I can go to the beach in October while they're walking around in hoodies and watching the leaves change colors...it's okay guys, the beach is awesome but I kinda miss the sights and sounds of Fall in the northeast.

Friday marked 2 months since I've been here which is a bit hard to wrap my head around. It's gone quickly and I have to say that this month was definitely better than the last. Unified and midterms were mind-bogglingly [yeah, new word!] stressful but I enjoyed the moments in between. It really is an altogether different vibe down here and I'm still trying to find the balance between fitting in and being able to be comfortable in my old skin but I can definitely say that I feel just a bit more settled.

Also, some exciting news- Shruts and I signed the lease for our apartment last week. We're living right off the entrance to campus which is a pretty clutch location as far as I'm concerned. I'd consider it the Crossings of SGU sans the crazy security guards, paper thin walls, and elevators that always break down. Heck, my room even has a view of the water! This definitely isn't West Philly anymore...though what I wouldn't give to have back nights on the roof with the Triumvirate.

Before I go, SHOUTOUTS:
  • Apparently more people at SGU read this blog than I realized, so HELLO to all of you wonderful people and to all the awesome kids I've met down here recently- who are making this entire med school experience so much better than it was when I first started it. You guys ROCK and if I could say that in Hindi, I totally would.
  • To my Rocks back home- knowing that you guys are pulling for me and that you're the light at the end of this incredibly long tunnel known as first term has made it infinitely easier to get through these last two months and I know it'll get me through the next two.
Cheers,
Srav

No comments: