10.19.2008

Sandblast Weekend

For those of you non-SGUers, Sandblast is this gigantic post-midterms all day beach party that our student government throws. It's essentially one big drunken fest on Grand Anse beach full of de-stressing med students. Fun times, yeah?

Not so much.

Friday night we went to Bananas (or Kelas as the cool Indian kids call it- Kelas = Bananas in Hindi). That was a good night and OMG, where are my PSP BROTHERS when I need them but JOURNEY came on and I about died right there on the dance floor!!! And I sang along at the top of my lungs and thought about all of y'all and called Michelle because she's my person and I still have the voicemail she left me when she was at a bar and Journey was playing so I had to return the gesture! Man, it made me miss everyone an insane amount.

I think I fell into bed at 5 a.m. and then like the stubborn ass that I am, I woke my butt up at 9 a.m. and went for my jog even though my lame-o jogging partners (kidding, love you girls) decided to sleep in. Well I made it to Big Fish and back in about an hour and then came back and collapsed into bed again. We laid around and did a whole lot of nothing until we finally left for the beach around 3.

Mind you, the party had started at 12 so we were hardcore operating on IST- though believe me, it wasn't my choice to leave at 3. Anyway, most everyone was already pretty twisted when we got there so we had to play catch-up which wasn't too successful or fun to do. They ran out of mixers at the end so I definitely had straight (and warm) Smirnoff in my cup at one point. Blech. Lots of wet people there. There was a Hot Body contest which, uh, was interesting to say the least. I honestly felt like I was on one of those MTV Spring Break trips. Wow. Awkward.

Someone took my flip flops. Not sure how considering I was sitting in the vicinity of them but yeah, they're gone. Oh well. At least it wasn't anything more serious. People had phones and money stolen. My flip flops were falling apart anyway. Oh hey, if you're reading this and feel like making a trip to check out the scenery at your local post office, send flip flops! Size 10/11 in women or Size 8 in men. Kidding! Well kind of, anyway.

Back home, napped a lot, and then back out to Aquarium for the Sandblast after-party. Everyone was DECKED out and then, because irony is amazing, the skies opened and it started POURING as we were waiting on line to get into the club. So all these girls who had spent a good amount of time on hair and makeup- it was all ruined. I just thought it was all kind of funny. I mean I was kinda mad because my hair actually looked good but when stuff like this happens all you can do is shrug your shoulders and say "T.I.G."- This is Grenada.

Aquarium was packed with wet and dry people. A bit too packed for my liking. I forget when we left but we did and then made a pit stop at Kelas. I bounced while we were on line because I kind of just fell out of the party mood. So I had a contemplative, damp walk home by myself and I think I finally fell into bed at 5 a.m.

Long day, long night, longer weekend. It definitely had its ups and downs. Now I'm off to study my butt off and get back into the grind.

Happy reading!

No comments: