10.15.2008

Wednesday's Notables

Before I begin, check Staindeyes. It's heavy.

  • Boys suck. No offense to my guy friends...but sometimes a few rotten apples really do cast a pall over the entire group. Today was a bad day for the male gender in my book.
  • If someone doesn't meet you halfway there's not much more you can do than to be there for them.
  • Independence is a good, great thing to have. Being at SGU makes me infinitely glad that I gave up the full scholarship at Stony and opted to go to Drexel instead of staying at home. It's made me a better person. A stronger person. My mom has her own regrets about sending me to Drexel but I have none. And that makes me glad.
  • The urinary system is horrid. There isn't a single aspect of it that is fascinating- not its anatomy, its histology, or its physiology. I have to go [re]listen to Dr. P's lecture on Sonic Foundry because I completely zoned out today in class. The columns of Bertin run where?? ::sigh::
  • Biochem right now is making me have flashbacks to my sophomore year of college and Bio 218. Topoisomerases, helicases, DNA polymerases...and that disease that makes 7 year olds look like they're 70 because something is messed up with their telomerases. How is it possible that I forgot all this stuff in three years? Weak, Srav. Weak.
  • I am all of a sudden getting attacked by mosquitoes down here. I escaped them for two months but now they seem to have discovered by untouched blood and are feasting on it! I was outside for five minutes and I got two bites on the proximal phalanx of the dorsal aspect of my second and third phalanges. In normal speak, my index and middle fingers on my left hand are itchy like no other. I think I'm going to need to start spraying myself with Off everytime I venture out into the night. Nothing like the smell of insecticide to mingle with your body splash and deodorant. A winning combination indeed.
  • Let's talk about how the PHILLIES ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES! Tampa Bay, you are going DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! [Yes, I realize that they haven't officially won the ALCS yet but do you honestly think the Red Sox are gonna come back from a 3-1 hole? Doubtful.]

3 comments:

lin said...

15 years later...and we're going back!!!

Michelle said...

hhahaah, I'm learning about baseball!! yay!! Thursday I learned that it's really a series- gotta win best of 7. who knew? also, this morning mom told me that boston won last night, so if they win the next three (?) games, then they make it... or something like that..

MISS YOU TOO!

Sarah said...

we buy Off-Deep Woods by the case down at full measure.