I hurt all over.
Shals and Neha somehow persuaded me to go jogging today which was quite the feat considering how completely sulky/moody/miserable I've been since last night. But I went because I haven't hit the gym since I got my Unified grades and consequently decided that all my time had to be spent studying instead of being "wasted" at the gym.
Anyway, I went today. We only had two hours of class and the idea of some physical exertion actually sounded kind of appealing. HAH. We didn't go for very long- must've been maybe a mile and a half total? Around 40 minutes? But the combination of hot Grenadian sun and Srav the non-jogger made for a painful experience. Poor girls, I'm pretty sure I slowed them down quite a bit but they were so intent on doing the whole "Srav, lets go, we're not leaving you behind!" bit that they had no chance but to stop when I did. My idea of a workout involves time spent on an Ellipitical at the highest incline in an air-conditioned gym. It worked brilliantly for me! So today was quite a shock. But a good shock. We're going again on Saturday morning and I've been reassured that by the end of all of this, I'll be a lean mean jogging machine. At the very least I'm going to attempt to not feel like my sides are going to explode after going for a quarter mile.
Also, for your daily Anatomy lesson, have y'all ever heard of an episiotomy? It's when your OB-GYN makes a surgical incision that is backwards and lateral from your vaginal orifice in an attempt to enlarge the whole shebang so that the fetus can pass out easier. It's better to have a neatly done incision that can be easily sutured rather than have the fetus rip open the orifice on its own. Anyway, this picture was included in our slides and I thought I'd post it because has anyone ever actually seen a fetus passing out of the birth canal? Well now you have. In cartoon form at least. Enjoy! :)
Oh and also, sidebar to my Brothers- now I really DO know where everything is! ;)

6 comments:
::vomit::
I can't wait to ask you all these questions once you learn about the ear nose and throat. or when I'm pregnant. Or both...
ewww.
garoooss!
i miss you and i just got caught up on all your entries.
yippee!
MIchelle,
you you plan to get pregnant through your ear nose or throat?
bahahahahaha <3
yes, my DPT friend.... that's the only way its kosher via jewish law. that and circumcised, of course.
wow srav. just wow. the one day i try to catch up on your blog (instead of studying for a midterm tomorrow), this is the picture i see. thanks for the visual.
p.s. next time post srk after watching a movie ;)
Post a Comment