1.12.2009

23-REVAMPED + UPDATED!

As of 8:28 a.m. this morning, halfway through our first Genetics lecture, I hit the big 2-3. Good lord do I feel OLD.

So it's my first birthday on the Rock...an interesting place to be as far as birthdays go. I never quite decided what to do for my birthday since I figured everyone would still be settling back into life here. So Shruts and Shals decided to take matters into their own hands and have a bunch of crazy plans up their sleeves so I don't know exactly know what's going on. I just know that something is happening. They've been yakking in Hindi ALL day which is so not fair since I don't understand it and is kind of driving me crazy. Oh! I totally have to take a picture of the sweet birthday present that they got me and put it up here because it's totally awesome and very Srav.

Right now I'm in Taylor because Shruts kicked me out of the apartment. That's roommate love for you right there. I'm supposed to return in two minutes actually but I was also told I couldn't be in the vicinity of Bayfront so I don't quite know what to do. I'll probably mess around online some more instead of studying Genetics like I should be. Tomorrow is bound to be a long day in Taylor catching up on 8 lectures. Oh well!

EDIT- I was instructed to be home at 730 but since they seemed to be running late I figured I'd stay at Taylor and give them some extra time. But then Neha calls and tells me that she's bored and is coming to Taylor to see me and then go home with me. So I get my things together and Neha comes in and she's all spiffy-looking and I ask her why and she goes "because it's your birthday!" Hm. Okay.

So we go outside and I forget what we were talking about but all of a sudden about 13 people jump out at me from the shadows of Taylor Hall and yell 'SURPRISE!' I buried my face in my hands because I completely didn't know what to do with myself. That's 2 surprises within a month of each other and I haven't figured either one of them out. Turns out they had been waiting at our apartment for me to come home but when I decided to be tardy they decided to get Neha to lure me out of Taylor and then hid outside to surprise me. Clever.

So we all went to Big Fish for dinner which was a super fun time. Shals and Shruts are freaking devils and not only did they buy me drinks since I didn't order one myself but Shals instructed the bartender to make them EXTRA strong. Right. Because drinks already aren't ridiculously strong on this island. Damn. One LI Ice Tea and one Sex on the Beach later and I was chatting up a storm and cracking everyone up. Those hit me HARD. I'm usually not such a lightweight but I literally think my drinks were 95% alcohol and 5% color/flavor. Like I said, devils.

AND! Because I really do have the BEST friends in the world, Shals got me amazing chocolate birthday cake which her and Shruts promptly smushed in my face when they fed me (devils) but tasted so good that I almost didn't mind. Plus, I got them back and got icing all over them anyway.

Victory! It was a great birthday. I admit I woke up kinda sad at being so far away from home and from a lot of the people that have been around for my birthday over the past 4 years but the Maharanis totally turned it around. I'm SO SO SO SO SO lucky.

Now if only our Internet would work, my life would be set.

No comments: