What an idyllic weekend. Not really, but we'll pretend that it was. I didn't really roll out of bed and get ready to face the day until 4 p.m. yesterday. And I only left for Taylor at 8. Though in my defense it was pouring and I wasn't about to walk out of the house and risk getting my brand new laptop wet. Today I rolled into Taylor at 2, uploaded a lot of pictures (23rd, post-finals, and Friday night @ Aquarium), finished Genetics, left for a bit to hit up the Orientation bazaar with Neha, grabbed some dinner at home with the girls and P, went to visit Zeina [who is wicked nice], and then came back to Taylor to do some Parasit.
We're already 10 lectures into Genetics and Parasit. Only 6 more to go and then we get two days off to study (four including the weekend) and then we take our finals Monday and Tuesday and by next Wednesday we're on to Physio, Neuro, and Immuno. Speedy. And this is the girl who went to a quarter school.
So really, nothing too exciting to report on this end. Still bored, kinda lonely, and without any stable Internet. I got it in my room this morning but it was way slow. I miss my girls at home a lot. I don't know why it's hitting me so strong these days but it is. I'm sure I'll be fine once classes pick up and especially this week since I'll have to study for exams which is enough of a distraction. But in the mean time, being done at noon everyday gives me practically the entire day to do stuff and so after all my studying is done, my thoughts are always drawn to everyone at home.
Anyway, if there are any first-termers reading this, GOOD LUCK with your first day of classes! You'll be fine, I swear. Just don't freak out from the get-go. Thousands of people before you have survived this and thousands of people after you will survive. Which means you'll survive. And at the very least- look at me, if I could make it through first term, so can you!
I was going to leave you with multiple picture highlights of my first week but Blogger is being stupid so here's one (the rest are on Stalkerbook)-
23rd @ Big Fish!
No comments:
Post a Comment