Well it's about that time where I start getting bummed out about having to go back to the Rock on Saturday morning. On the one hand it'll be nice to be in 82 degree weather again and to see my girls and spend every other waking minute with them. On the other hand Home is Home and I don't want to leave it.
My melancholy mood comes from the fact that Michelle and I just parted ways about an hour ago. She came down on Friday and we hung out all weekend and spent yesterday at the AMNH and then went down to the Village to get Falafel and Pommes Frites [everything comes full circle!]. I hate saying goodbye to her- even though we never actually say goodbye- we always part with "see ya later." Regardless, I hate it. And though I got to see her the most out of anyone this break (with the exception of my parents), it's never quite enough ya know? This notion of seeing my best friend a couple of times every four months or so royally BLOWS. And I know we have e-mail and the phone and Skype to keep in touch but it doesn't make up for all of those other moments. There's an episode of Grey's Anatomy where George goes: "You know, whenever anyone says something really funny and I laugh I always look around to see if you think it's funny too. Even when you are not there, I still look around." Those are the moments that are the most bittersweet.
ANYway, this week should be full of a lot of last minute return to Grenada shopping. Clothes, food, books, etc. It's depressing as all heck. Gah.
1 comment:
i guess you're mighty busy. can we still grease it up? i'll tag along to whatever you need to do if that's cool with you.
Post a Comment